Sophia made a pistachio cake a couple of weeks, and it was really good. I’d forgot baking was a thing, so I’ve been trying my hand.
Looking to make something heartier, I picked up some wholemeal spelt flour. So far I’ve made a mixed-grain soda bread, which was ok, and banana bread with it. The banana bread came out great! I wanted something a little less sweet than the pistachio cake, or what the recipes I was seeing. The proportions below are half intentional and half what we had in the pantry.
Next on the list is muffins.
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 55g butter
- 4 medium bananas, mashed (I used organic, they’re a more consistent size)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 70g broken walnuts
- 60ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Melt the butter, and mix in the sugar until it becomes a paste. Then add the eggs and yoghurt, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract and bicarb.
Then, mix in the flour with a spoon and stir gently. When the flour looks like the lightest dusting fold in the nuts and give it one last stir. Transfer to a greased loaf tin.
Bake at 180C for and hour and twenty. Enjoy!
📍Point on the timeline
- The world is waking up. We are planning on moving this year and suddenly there we’re seeing some nice places. Time for viewings.
- Team buy-in on migrating data via the back door.